Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My biggest adventure

I had always been a very shy, very clam and a play-it-safe kind of person.  Adventure for me was going to the mall by myself.  That was it.  I had a very normal and boring life - going to work, coming home, eating, doing my own manicure and/or pedicure, watching TV and relax.  That was before I decided to embark into the most wild adventure of them all: Motherhood!

It all started 7 years ago with I had my first son: Nathaniel. He was such a good baby; good eater, good sleeper, very mellow and happy baby.  His so called "terrible-two's" were not terrible at all! Potty training him was a breeze - we started on a Saturday, he had a couple of accidents and by the following Wednesday he was ready! He learned to chew with his mouth closed quickly and never talked back! He would wake up early, but stayed in his bed playing for us to get up.  Ah... that was easy...
Four and 1/2 years later came our second son: Adrian.   Adrian was also a good baby, but he is a bit more feisty than Nathaniel is. Don't get me wrong, Adrian is such a wonderful boy. He loves to hug and kiss.  I love that kid! However, I must say that the real adventure started with him.  Adrian is very active, he can't stay still, not even if his life depended on it.  My couches are so worn out, because he jumps on them - even though we tell him not to and he gets "time-out" when he does.  But he gets out of time-out and goes right back to jump on the couches!  Adrian gets so excited to see his brother in the morning that he can't wait for him to get off bed so they can play!  Adrian is almost three years old - in April - and potty training is been a nightmare! It's been about 5 months now and he still does not say when he has to go - so accidents are frequent. 
A year ago, we were blessed with a little girl: Victoria.   She is a wonderful baby.  Sleeps and eats well.  She is crawling every where and, believe it or not, she is a lot more active than Adrian was at that age - GOD HELP ME! 
Motherhood, my biggest adventure? HECK YEAH!  if someone would have told me when I was single, or even when I was a newly wed, that I would be a stay-at-home mom of three, I would have said: "you're crazy! me? mother? I can't even change a diaper - let alone care for three children!" But here I am, doing it and even though I make lots of mistakes, and I yell at my children from time to time, or I snap at my husband for something Adrian did, and every day I finish the day so tired to even watch my favorite shows, I am the happiest woman alive.  Nathaniel, Adrian and Victoria have made my life so much better... so much ADVENTUROUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment